Monday, February 27, 2012

Not good at all.

I am getting sick. I can feel it in my achy bones and throbbing tonsils. Not a normal kind of sick either. Strep-throat has been going around campus and last week there was a dude in my French class who wore one of those medical masks to class and only took it off to cough into a napkin. This guy (naturally) sits right next to me.
Now you can ask anyone who really knows me, Boyfriend, my family, when I get sick I turn into a giant child. I cannot stand having an achy body so I will do anything to keep from feeling it. Sleep 14 hours, lie on the kitchen floor, hot baths, cold baths, what have you. Last time I was sick I hopped around my parent's house, bouncing from room to room amid whispers of: "What in the world is she doing?" And for like forty minutes! After I was too tired to continue hopping, I bounced my way over to Boyfriend and insisted that he hold me and shake me ever so slightly whilst whispering "shake shake shake shake shake..." to take my mind off of my miserable existence (in Connor's eternal credit he did that for like ten minutes before my mom threatened to make me drink thera-flu if I didn't buck up). I am not a rational adult when I feel icky.
Which is why I'm in the computer lab now about fifteen seconds away from throwing a pencil at the back of a woman's head who is insistent that she has to be on the phone, in the library, having an argument with her child, her Fran Drescher-esque voice blaring at a billion decibels! I of course would never throw anything at another human being (unless it was soft, at family, and they were in a state where they could return fire), but sick Alexis forgives no indiscretion.
As for knitting? I'm making another couch scarf because I really like the pattern and it goes really quickly. I've gotten one Christmas 2012 present done (the first couch scarf) so I'm feeling good. Except that I'm feeling bad... It's a complicated life. Anyway, I hope you're all doing better than me right now. I will definitely try to have pictures in the next post of what I've been working on. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment