Monday, February 6, 2012

One of those days

It is only 9:36 in the morning and it's shaping up to be one of those days. You know the day I'm talking about, the day where nothing is quite working right and the stars and planets align just right so that nothing you try to do today will actually work out. One of those sneaky, spiteful, completely and unnecessarily hateful days.
It started like any other day, with the exception that instead of starting at 8am like it normally does on Mondays, it started at 6am for some unknown reason. I actually woke up at 5 but gave sleep the good ol' college try before giving up on it at 6. It's not that I was fully rested or anything. Connor and I didn't hit the sack until about one in the morning (it's our own fault, we were having a Sherlock marathon).
So after sleep abandons me, I make for the shower. Much to my disdain, there is no hot water. There's not even any mildly tepid water. So I shower in the cold. Many swearwords were had, and in retrospect I shouldn't have called the loofa a "piece of fluffy garbage designed to hang uselessly from the evil shower-head of cold". Loofa, I do apologize for my behavior and I fully intend to buy you some nice lavender body wash.
So then I kill some time buy trying to knit Lauren's Christmas gift but I had to frog the whole damn thing again. At this point I'm convinced that the material I'm working with hates me and will never bow down to my needles. I throw it at the wall and pout for several minutes.
When pouting yields no results, I pack up and head to campus early, hoping I could get some blog time in. Instead I spent half an hour in the apartment parking lot trying to scrape ice from my windows with a broken CD case. When I finally remove all the ice, I sit in my car (which I remind you has no heat) and try to flick on the wipers. Imagine the sound of a hippo fighting with a manatee and you have the sound my wipers made before promptly getting stuck in the middle of my windshield, somehow crossed over one another in a giant X.
I make the drive up the giant icey hill of doom at about 30 miles an hour stuck behind a bus and a garbage truck. When I finally arrive at school an hour later than I intended to, I find that the administrators of Lane Community College (in their infinite wisdom) have blocked off the three main parking lots on campus. For what, I hear you ask? Absolutely no discernible reason! Maybe they knew I was having one of those days and they thought it would be funny. I had to park way out near the woods where Cougars are spotted every few weeks. What do you bet that when I finish class today and try to go home, one will be sitting in my back seat?
Sorry, no knitting updates today. I'm too grumpy to take pictures. Hope your day is going better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment