Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Exciting news!

Connor, my wonderful boyfriend, received an amazing job offer with the Lorosa'e English Language Institute in Dili, East Timor. For those of you who are anything like me, and wouldn't know how to hold a map right-side up:

That is East Timor, or Timor Leste as it's more commonly known. It's a beautiful island in Indonesia with a tropical climate and beautiful beaches. It seems like just my kind of place (Boyfriend has very thoughtfully asked me to go with him).
This has been in the works for a while but because we weren't sure it would happen, we didn't want to tell the world. We wanted to keep it under wraps until Connor signed a contract and we were for sure going, but Connor's brother Carrick (who is currently working in Timor and convinced him to try for the job) was so excited that he told the entirety of Facebook.
So the cat's out of the bag and I'm going to knit a Timor shawl to celebrate! Don't get on me about starting yet another project, for the January sweater is finished! Photos soon to follow.

2 comments:

  1. In fairness to me, YAY!

    Also, Connor didn't mention that the cat was supposed to be in the bag, and I'd assumed from the scratching and meowing he had gotten in their by accident.

    Why haven't you put it up on facebook too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, someone actually reads my blog! I thought the only readers I had were my mum and your mum (not that I don't adore their loyalty). Anyway, we're wicked excited for Timor and as for why I haven't put it on facebook yet, you should check your FB inbox.

    ReplyDelete