Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am the worst.

Alright, I admit that I very well might be the worst blogger to ever exist. Every time I get online I think to myself: "I should post something today!" but then I get distracted with Facebook and Ravelry and I end up saying: "Well it's not like anyone is really going to be reading this anyway..." and I get down on myself and end up watching Jurassic Park and knitting mittens (it's pretty sad how often this ends up happening).
Anyway, the last time we chatted I believe I was in Mexico. That was about two weeks ago. Again, I apologize. I'd like to say that I've been busy with class and booming social life, but honestly, I'm just lazy. I'm only taking nine credits this term and they're not even hard credits! I think I just picked the classes I'm taking now because I've had all these teachers in terms past and I know all of them will let me knit during lecture.
So, I've left Mexico and I am back in Eugene. Home sweet home, right? No. I miss Mexico. There, the sun shone, the days were incredibly long, and I didn't have anything to do but walk about, see the sights, and knit! Now that's a perfect world. Here in Eugene it's rainy and grey and bitterly cold (but naturally not cold enough for snow and therefore canceled class). One thing that's good about the cold weather is that it has inspired me to knit all the things! For myself and others. I've been thinking about making friends on campus by mass producing mittens and handing them out during my lunch break. I have a feeling that more people would run than accept.
Lately my knitting has consisted of little things. A hat so that my ears don't freeze off while I'm driving (my car has no heat), mittens so that my tiny knitter fingers don't fall off as I walk through campus, so on and so forth. Nothing especially exciting on the needles right now which is driving me crazy. So much so that I just spent the last hour in the library printing out every sweater pattern on Ravelry that appealed to me. I have about 40 pages stacked in front of me and I'm starting to get funny looks...
I would really love to post more but my next class starts in four minutes and my class is across campus and up a giant hill. I'll post again and sooner and give more details about my future knits.

No comments:

Post a Comment