Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

The previously destroyed sweater is flying off the needles now. I now know that on the last try I had about 150 extra stitches (I maintain that they magically appeared and that it's no fault of my own) and so every row felt like it was a million miles long. I could watch Jurassic Park and only have done a row and a half. That makes for a cranky Alexis, just ask Boyfriend. Now it's just smooth sailing and I'm wicked excited to have a spring cardigan that will be finished just in time for the dead of winter... I may not have thought this through.
Inadequate protection from clothing aside, in my last post I mentioned something about my Christmas 2012 mission. I am going to knit one thing for everyone important in my life, to all be ready by Christmas of 2012. As I write this, I realize that I'm about to embark on the highly frustrating and potentially impossible. All of my family, all of Boyfriend's family, all friends of the family, and all my friends. Cheese and rice. Just did a final count and that's about 30 people (many socks and hats will be had by all). Hence the reason I'm starting in January. I wanted to start earlier but I'm still lazy. Honestly, how early in a project can you fall behind?
Okay, I'll keep you posted and put up pictures of the spring sweater as soon as I figure out how to put pictures on this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment