Thursday, December 15, 2011

An Introduction

My name is Alexis and I am a Knitter (yes, capital K, that´s no mistake). I already know that for the majority of people who stumble upon this blog, my actions and desicions (especially with knitting related topics) may not be what one would call ¨socially acceptable¨ but for those gifted few who are as enamored with the art of knitting as I am, this blog might feel like home, and I sincerely hope it does.
So here I am, writing my very first blog from la Plaza Principal in San Miguel de Allende (that´s in central Mexico for those of you who are cartographically impaired). I am here with my boyfriend Connor and as I type this he works away on his own blog (littleconnorinbigmexico.blogspot.com Check it out, he´s a much better writer than I am).
In fact, it was Connor´s idea that I start this blog in the first place. He says it´s because I have interesting things to say, but honestly I think he´s tired of me trying to get him as outraged as I am when I find an amazing pattern that knits up into a monstrosity despite my best efforts, or understanding my unholy rage when the right yarn on the right needles yeilds a guage swatch that is oh so wrong. He says I need friends who knit and dag-gummit, I do believe he is right. I have spent far too much time explaining the merrits of knitting to people who just don´t give a damn and it´s about time I meet others who are more like me.
Well I do hope this hasn´t bored you to tears and I´m eternally glad that there´s someone listening. I´ll write more about why I´m in Mexico tomorrow but for now I have to make some headway on my Christmas socks. Hasta Luego!

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment