Sunday, April 15, 2012

The End of an Era.

You as my loyal followers may or may not remember that Boyfriend and I are moving to East Timor for five months so that he can teaching English and I can... Do something I'm sure. Well that adventure starts tomorrow. Our first flight leaves from PDX to LAX at six in the morning, and then it will be a fun four days of flying and traveling until we finally get to Dili, East Timor. Our itinerary is as follows: Portland, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Jakarta, Bali, Dili. That is a lot of time in the air. I shall spend it knitting, sleeping, and freaking out over the fact that I'm miles above the surface of the earth in what is basically a tin can.
But besides all that, I've been spending the last few days with my family, convincing them over and over again that I will, in fact, be fine. I also taught my mom how to use skype so that she can fawn over me, even if it's only through a webcam image. That should keep her from missing her baby too much.
So last night, almost as if it was a grand send-off for Connor and I, the whole family went to Cirque Du Soleil, ovo. Not sure what Cirque is? It's basically the most amazing thing that is ever to be experienced. It's not a circus like you'd think; smell of popcorn and elephant poo, claustrophobic tent, and sticky floors, no. It's an event that combines the most skilled athletes in the world and puts on a show that will absolutely blow your mind. Here's a taste:





Yeah, three hours of that. Plus we were VIP's so we got to go into a fancy tent before the show and during intermission where they fed us treats and liquor for free! Can you say, "open bar"? We had an amazing time, and I thank my mother and step-father endlessly for taking us on such an adventure. I even dressed up fancy for it! I'd give you proof but my computer does not want to cooperate with the photo, and keeps telling me that it doesn't exist...
Anyway, we set off first thing tomorrow and communication after that might be iffy depending on the internet in Dili. I want all of my friends and family to know that I love them and I'll be missing them every day until I return. It doesn't matter if I'm seven miles away or seven thousand, my heart is always in Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment