Monday, April 2, 2012

Dread.

Hello my lovelies, I am sending you this post from what's left of my boxed and sorted apartment. That is also the reason I have taken so long to post anything. All of my waking hours recently have been spent packing, or laying on the ground, wishing I didn't have to pack. Let me just tell you, the latter is not productive at all and those who want to keep packing (namely Boyfriend) will remind you of that. A million times.
So I don't have any pretty pictures for you to look at, mostly because I can't find a suitable backdrop in these shambles of an apartment for any of my photo shoots. I can't do it in the bedroom because of clothes currently being sorted into piles of "keep" and "donate" (those piles just happen to be on the floor), I can't do it in the kitchen because we haven't done dishes in forever and a day, and I can't do it in the living room because it is now a sea of boxes. I could go out onto the back deck and take pictures where it is sunny and only slightly damp, but who am I, Dorothea Lange? Besides, photography isn't really my bag.
Anyway, no pictures for you. At least not now. I will let you know though, that I have been spinning my own on my drop-spindle and I made a passport cozy with my first batch of hand-spun! Well actually, my very first batch of hand-spun was so completely rubbish that it went to the bin. But my second batch now cradles my wee little passport, warming it before it's long journey ahead. I'll put pictures of it up next time. I've also restarted Holden. The hurt could only last so long and I need a transportable project for "on the road" knitting. I'm about halfway done with the stockinette stitch section and I cannot wait to start the lace. Last but not least, I started a pair of entrelac socks. Socks totally used to be my thing, but I haven't cranked out a pair since Mexico and that was almost five months ago! I need to get back to it.
Anyway, so you may or may not have noticed the title of this post is "dread". Why, I hear you ask? Because there are about two weeks left before we go to Timor and I need to see a dentist before we go. Guess who has a crippling fear of dentists? This gal. Last time I went to the dentist, I started crying before the doctor even took a look. I'm pretty sure my dentist thinks I'm a nutter. Dread is just kind of my go-to emotion recently. Wish me luck, I'll have pictures for you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment