Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's a sad, sad day.

Remember that lovely Holden Shawlette I was so I love with?

Had to frog the entire thing. I was working on it after the ASL conversation circle, I had one more row of stockinette to go before I started the beautiful lace boarder, and that's when I noticed. The whole thing was filled with mistakes. The first one I noticed was a dropped stitch that had somehow made it halfway down the entire thing before I noticed it. Then there was a boarder section where I had done five rows of stockinette where it should have been garter. Then there were a handful of stitches where I just must not have been paying attention to my gauge as I had some stitches that were twice as big as they were supposed to be. Any one of these mistakes by themselves, I could have fixed or lived with, but all together? No dice. I've been saving this wool for months. It did not survive a trip through the vacuum cleaner for me to do just any old lazy project. It's 10% cashmere for Pete's sake! I will make this shawlette as close to perfect as I possibly can without making myself go mad. Even if I have to frog it a million times.
I need a break for now though, as the sight of those empty needles still hurts a bit. The wound is just too fresh. I'm going to console myself with some online yarn "shopping". I say "shopping" because the last time I checked I'm still a college student who can't afford most of it. I hope your ventures are going better than mine.

P.S. The yarn I've been using for Holden (if you're interested, as it is really top notch stuff) is Pagewood Farm Hand Dyed Sock Yarn. Colorway: Fabulous Fall. They have a cute little website too, pagewoodfarm.com. I think you can buy stuff online, but I haven't quite figured out how yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment