Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, Same ol' me

Hello my lovelies, hope you all had a wonderful New Years celebration! I, myself, got to spend time with some of my closest friends playing board games, drinking, and eating good food (Cheers to Connor for the vegan burgers he made, they were amazing!). I didn't get much knitting done, but that might not be a bad thing. Knitting and champagne don't always mix well together...

With the new year, at least for me, there always comes a sense of wanting to be better. Wanting to do more and follow through on projects and just be more organized over-all. That manifested itself on New Years Day with me digging out my entire stash and attempting to get organized. The first step, of course, was to throw everything on the bed.

Digdug thought I was making a bed for him...
And once I started sorting and organizing into weights, fiber contents, project ideas and whatnots, I found something surprising... I had two projects filed away in the stash that were mere rows away from being finished. Of course I immediately had to stop cleaning and finish said projects.

The first was a cable hat that I cannot remember when I started or what the yarn is or who is responsible for this beautiful pattern.

Does anyone recognize this pattern?
I hate not giving credit when it's due...
This lovely thing was just lurking in the stash, all the cabling finished, just needing some responsible soul to close it up and give it a good blocking. So that's exactly what I did!

The second project just waiting to be finished is a bit embarrassing... I remember working on this project while sitting in Mr. Walker's chemistry class... Sophomore year... Of High School. For those of you not in the know, that would have been approximately ten years ago. TEN. YEARS. I have been sitting on this project for a damn decade. My procrastination level is over 9,000.

The project itself is none other than the wonderful Clapotis by Kate Gilbert. All I had to do was cast off and give it a block. So I threw that off the needles and immediately into the sink.


Post block, this thing is lovely.


It's squishy and bouncy and makes me feel very, very French. While I'm wearing it I feel like I should be on a balcony overlooking a Parisian market, chain smoking and day-drinking wine. Or maybe that's just what I normally want to be doing... Who knows.

And it just wouldn't be New Years without a start on a new project:


Any guesses on what it's going to shape up to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment