Saturday, April 9, 2016

Busy Bee

Today is the 9th of April, and in a mere 4 days my lovlies, I will be hopping on a plane with Adeline, Jarred's brother, Jarred's mom, and her fiance, and where will we be going you ask? To Fort Benning Georgia to see Jarred graduate from Army Basic Training! Needless to say it's been a little crazy around here, getting everything ready for the trip, making sure that Addie will have everything she needs on the airplane to keep entertained. It should be rather interesting, I've traveled the world before but never with a toddler...

Another thing to keep me busy other than Jarred graduating and coming home, I'm going back to school! I got accepted into this great Paralegal program at a small private college it's a condensed program so in a year and a half I'll be a certified Paralegal with an Associates of Applied Science in Legal Studies. Let me tell you, sometimes it takes a little while, my lovlies, to find what you really want to do in this world, and let me also tell you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But that's a rant of self discovery for another time, the point of this post is that I'm a very busy little bee, but not too busy to spend a little time on the things that I love.




 Every time I've had a spare moment in the last few weeks, I've worked on a row or two of this garter stitch scarf. It's made from some bargain-bin yarn that's supposed to be the colors of some sports team, but I don't really do the sports (much to Jarred's chagrin). So I just assume that it's supposed to represent the Hufflepuff House, which is totally my House (Yes, I'm a Potterhead, don't act surprised)! It took a while... If my math is correct then I spent approximately ten and a half hours doing the same stitch over and over and over. I found it weirdly therapeutic. So much of my life has been a little outside my control lately so it was meditative to do something so repetitive. That sounds kind of odd doesn't it?

 
Please ignore the naked dolls on the table, Addie's new favorite thing to do is undress her barbies.


 I also knit up a little hat for Goose. She quite liked it, five minutes after this was taken it became a sleeping bag for her barbies. She doesn't really use it as a hat anymore, but as long as she uses it for something I'm pleased.

I've worked halfheartedly on a couple other projects here and there but nothing to show off, but you guys know I do some of my best knitting on planes so I'm sure I'll crank out something interesting. And a last bit of parting advice before I go, no matter how busy you are always make time for being a little silly with someone you love. 

2 comments:

  1. That scarf is awesome. Combined with the light and devious look in your eye, the picture reminds me of a sexy-chick-rogue out of WoW. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is awesome. Combined with the light and devious look in your eye, the picture reminds me of a sexy-chick-rogue out of WoW. :-D

    ReplyDelete