Thursday, January 10, 2013

Making amends and catching up.

Well blog, it has been quite a while. I mostly got caught up in the frenzy of moving home again and celebrating my 21st birthday, and then Christmas with my family, but it's no excuse and I apologize for my lack of blogging. Lack of blogging, however, does not mean that there has been a lack of knitting. Since there would be too much to shove into one blog post, I'll just give you the cliff notes version.

Since you last heard from me:

We left Timor. Said goodbye to Angela, our wonderful mana/housekeeper/fixer of broken things and then jumped on a plane to Bali. I'd post pictures of that, but I didn't take any.

From there we jumped to Singapore. Now that I have pictures of.

On our first day there we rode the Singapore Flyer; the world's largest Ferris Wheel.

 I knit while admiring the view, and Carrick ventured bravely forward, even though he wasn't thrilled by the prospect of being so high off the ground.

Later we went to the Singapore Zoo and saw phenomenal things.


It started raining (and by that I mean dumping all the water in the atmosphere onto our heads), but we got ponchos and stuck it out.


After that we rode a train 9 hours to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We saw the sights and made a Canadian friend called Tom (he's the blonde one)!


We didn't stay in Malaysia long though, because the next stop on our trip had all of us excited (even Tom, he came along with us!) Bangkok, Thailand!

We went to the Great King's palace and got caught in another storm (no ponchos this time).

We watched the River Goddess festival from a bridge.


We saw some beautiful things in Bangkok. And then the boys had to be boys by eating scorpions.

Then we ended the trip abroad with a 15 hour (yes, fifteen hour) train ride North West to Chiang Mai, Thailand where we:

Rode in rickshaws,

posed like supermodels with out comically tiny coffee,

and all the other low-key, touristy things.


And after our adventure was over, we came home to celebrate birthdays and Christmas with our loved ones. I'd get into all the knitting I did while I was away and for Christmas 2012, but that would make this less of a post and more of a novel. I'll catch you up soon, I promise.

1 comment: