Sunday, October 28, 2012

Alexis for the win!

So a few weeks ago the package from home with all of my yarn in it finally made its way to Timor. Since then I have been a knitting fiend. In about a week and a half I knit a sweater. A cute little spring cardi with three-quarter length sleeves. Now I'm starting on the next one and have almost finished the back panel. I'm not going to tell you what the latter one is, just in case I don't finish it and then I'll forever be hounded with questions like: "What about that one sweater you said you were knitting that one time?" So instead it will be a surprise. As for the one that I already made? Well here you go.

This is Miette.

 I used Kashmira Sensations 100% Wool in Color #57. Not the best name for a color, I admit, but the yarn worked up nicely. The only little thing was that I had to be careful while blocking not to agitate it too much because this stuff is super felt-able. That's something I'll have to keep an eye on whenever I'm washing this sucker.

Please ignore the messy ponytail and the bare feet. I woke up about five minutes before these were taken and I was running late for a Skype chat with my mom. Pay attention only to the sweater.

This was an attempt to capture the eyelet pattern that highlights the neck, sleeves, and bottom edging.

Connor told me to "do the model hip-sticky-outie thingy" and I did my best to comply without laughing in his face.

So that's my latest conquest. Stay tuned for the next installment of "Neat crap Alexis has knitted with limited resources".

P.S. Many thanks to Connor for sucking it up when I threw the camera at him this morning and said: "I've got three minutes before my Skype date, take pictures of me in the sweater, hurry, hurry! The lighting is best in the hallway, come on, hurry up. No, no, not yet, I have to button it!" You are the best my love. Thank you for putting up with me and helping spread my crazy to others.


 



1 comment:

  1. Alexis! I finally realized I could get in touch with you through the blog! Basically, my dell had a super epic crash a few weeks ago, and I lost your email address because I had it saved to my computer contacts rather than my email (because, I dunno, I guess it didn't occur to me that it could crash)and anyway, I just wanted to say I miss you! And also that I seriously love the sweater. And your model pose. :) I was also wondering if that was a moogle in the first picture of the last post. And also that I'm sorry I missed your birthday (I don't think I knew the exact date, and I feel awful because you sent me an awesome scarf for my b-day and I didn't even wish you happy birthday D:) Anyway, all that ranting aside, just wanted to say hello. :) And that my new computer has a webcam so we should skype or somethings sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete